Application deadline: 31st December 2023
A full-time role for an experienced Cost Engineer
The Cost Engineer/Estimator supports the Quickmach Engineering team and is accountable for the complete estimating life?cycle: Request for Quotation (RFQ) to Quote, to Sales.
This role coordinates, directs and leads estimating efforts to ensure optimum costing and coordination of projects and programs to ensure Quickmach Engineering meets customer expectations and manufacturing requirements.
· Define Assumptions or Constraints: Identify any schedule or budget constraints, and how those will be resolved.
· Collect and Monitor Data: Collect and monitor data, manage risks, identify (if necessary) contingency plan, control changes and communication.
· Customer Review: Ensure that all expected costs have been properly presented to Customer for Review/Approval/Acceptance of the estimate.
· Deliver a robust and efficient RFQ management system.
· Establish quote priorities based on evaluation and analysis of overall opportunities ensuring the business responds to RFQ’s in a timely manner, submitting quotations to agreed deadlines
· Take ownership of all costings to ensure accuracy, consistency and repeatability.
· Collaborate and coordinate with related departments to obtain the necessary information andoptimiseproposals for pricing.
· Lead meetings and communications regarding quotation and pricing.
· Formal qualification in Engineering; Mechanical, Industrial or other related engineering field.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in the Manufacturing industry.
· Honesty, integrity and personal accountability
· Positive leadership style and ability to create a high morale manufacturing environmentwith the ability to facilitate and support growth of team members
· Superior planner and organiser with strong overall leadership skills/interpersonal skills
· Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office programs
· Knowledge and experience in ISO?9001, AS9100 requirements.
<p style="box-sizing: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.5; color: rgb(89, 89, 89); margin: 0px 0px 0.75rem; font-family: " noto="" sans",="" "helvetica="" neue",="" helvetica,="" arial,="" "liberation="" roboto,="" noto,="" sans-serif;="" background-color:="" rgb(255,="" 255,="" 255);"="">· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co?workers, outside agencies, business partners, and consultants.
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to Jobs@quickmach.co.uk